Our final activity during our FOOTBALL themed week, was this easy and fun football painting! I was trying to figure out a way to paint the football so it looked like the leather dots on a real pig-skin football. I originally thought of using bubble-wrap....but we didn't have any. Then I thought of pencil erasers! LB (2) had so much fun since he loves to paint.
- Draw a football shape on a piece of brown construction paper. (or any color you want)
- Gather a handful of pencils and put an elastic band around them to keep them together. This is what your child will "stamp" the football with.
Here's what you do:
- Pour out a little tempera paint (or finger paint) onto a paper plate.
- Hand your child the bundle of pencils and show them how to stamp the erasers into the paint and onto the football. Have them do it over and over to cover the entire football, or as much as they want. :)
- Let the paint dry.
- Then cut out the football shape and look at your cool design!