Another one of our FOOTBALL themed activities was this Letter Game! It was super easy and fast to create and was really fun way to review letters with LB (2).
- Cut off a 2 inch section of green construction paper and glue it onto a big piece of blue construction paper (grass & sky)
- Fold a yellow piece of construction paper in half and cut out a shape of half a football goal post, so that when you open it up, it looks like the whole goal post. Glue it onto your blue paper.
- Write the letters of the alphabet all over the whole picture.
- Cut out a small football shape from brown construction paper and draw laces on it with a white crayon.
Here's what you do:
- Sit down with your child and say a letter of the alphabet. Then have them place the little football on top of the letter.
- When they get it right, yell "TOUCHDOWN!!!" They will love it. :)
- When LM(5) got home from school, I played with him, but this time, I said the sound and had him put the football on the letter. It was really fun!