This is a very simple activity we did to go along with our BUG Themed Week. It was a fun way to introduce the concept patterns to LB (2).
- Choose 3 (or more) sheets of scrapbook paper in different patterns and colors.
- Cut out 3 (or more) circles from each paper.
- Cut out 1 circle from another color and draw a smiley face on it for the Caterpillar's head.
Here's what you do:
- Sit down with your child and lay down the caterpillar's head. Then start a pattern using 2 (or more) of the patterns. leave off the last 2 (or more) circles and ask them to finish the pattern (like in the pictures below). You may need to walk them through the pattern and show them how to do it.
- If they are older or catch on quickly, you can add more circles and make the patterns longer or more complex. Or switch back and forth creating patterns for each other to finish. :)