A fun way to do a treasure hunt is to hide LETTERS that spell what the treasure is!
- Letters (you can write letters on pieces of paper, or use toy/magnet letters.)
- Treasure (whatever you want or already have: candy, crayons, toy car, dinosaur, doll)
- You don't even have to give your kids a NEW toy, you could even use toys your kids already have. Just pick a toy and get the letters to spell what toy it is!
Here's what you do:
- Choose a "treasure" and hide it in a special place.
- Get all the letters you need to spell what the treasure is.
- Hide all the letters in a different room and have your kids hunt for them.
- Once all the letters are found, help put them together and sound them out to discover what the treasure is. Then have them go in the other room to hunt for the treasure!