This is a fun treasure hunt you can play with your kids with VERY little preparation. :)
- Pieces of colored paper
- Colorful candy OR box of crayons (I used jellybeans in a ziploc bag)
Here's what you do:
- Before you begin, and when your kids are not looking--place the "treasure" in the bag (the candy OR crayons)
- Lay the colored paper out on the floor or table.
- The child chooses a color--then goes around the house to find something that is the same color. Next, they bring it back and put it in the bag. Depending on the size of your bag ask them to look for big or small things. (Make sure they don't look in the bag as they put it in). :)
- After they find something of every color in the rainbow, shake the bag and tell them that with all the colors of the rainbow the bag has created a magical rainbow treasure! Then pull out the candy or crayons.