This simple and fun game has recently become one of LM's (5) favorite quiet-time activities!
First, you'll need to make a set of ABC circles:
- Trace circles on construction paper using a small cup (mine are about 2 1/2" big)
- Cut them out
- Write all the Letters on the circles. (I made a set of Upper-case Letters, and a set of Lower-case Letters.)
Second, make the Balloons & Words:
- Trace 3 circles on a piece of paper
- Draw the ends of the balloon on each and a ribbon.
- Cut out strips of paper and write as many 3 letter words as you want (I made about 25).
Third, you PLAY!
- Turn the word strips over and have the child pick one at a time and place it above the balloons.
- Have them sound it out, so they know what the word is and then find the letters they need to spell it.
- Instead of using word strips, you could just SAY the word, and have them find the letters to spell it.
- You could also use lower-case letters:
Click the picture below to see more fun ways to use these paper Alphabet circles!