In honor of spring (which actually feels like summer where we live), I made this little counting activity to do with the boys. LM(5) did this quite easily, and it was a fun way to help LB(2 1/2) begin his quest to master his mad counting skills.
- Craft foam
Here's what you do:
- Using a cup or something round, cut out 5 circles out of craft foam for the flower petals.
- Then cut out 5 smaller circles to use for the flower centers and write numbers 1-5 on them.
- Cut out a stem & leaves from some green craft foam.
- Trace the stem, leaves, flower petals, and center with a marker so the child knows where to place them.
Here are a couple ways to PLAY:
1. Put a number in the middle of the flower and then have the child put that many petals on the flower.
2. Put a certain number of petals on the flower and have the child count them and place the correct number circle in the middle of the flower.