Eating ice cream is good. But learning letters with ice cream is even better!
First, you'll need to make a set of ABC circles:
- Trace circles on construction paper using a small cup (mine are about 2 1/2" big)
- Cut them out
- Write all the Letters on the circles. (I made a set of Upper-case Letters, and a set of Lower-case Letters.)
Second, make a set of ABC cones:
- Using brown paper, cut out 26 cone shapes.
- On one side of the cones write the alphabet in upper-case letters. On the other side write the lower-case letters.
Third, you PLAY!
- Lay out all the letter circles on the floor or table.
- Lay out all the cones, OR one cone at a time and have the kids make "ice cream cones" by matching up the letters.
- They can match upper-case to upper-case, or lower-case to lower case:
- OR you can have them match lower-case to upper-case:
So many fun possibilities!
Click the picture below to see more fun ways to use these paper Alphabet circles!