originally published 12-3-12
There are so many fun things you can do with bows! Here are a few ideas to have fun with your kids this Holiday season.
You will need:
- A bunch of gift bows (You can buy them fairly cheap this time of year!)
- 2 big bowls or buckets or bins.
- A child or children with lots of energy!
Here are a few easy game ideas:
1. Bow Run:
- Place 2 buckets each at opposite ends of the house. Fill one of the buckets with the bows.
- Have the child pick up one bow at a time and run it to the other bucket, then run back to get another one. Continue until all the bows have been transferred. Then do it again!
- OR you can have the child place a bow on their head and walk slowly to the other bucket and drop it in.
- OR you can have them balance a bow on their arm(s).
- AND/OR you can have them find 2 matching bows at a time and take both of them. (Here's LB(3) playing):
2. Bow Pick-up Race
- Have your child grab handfuls of bows and throw them up in the air. Then time them to see how fast they can pick up all the bows and put them back in the bucket.
- OR you could choose a color and have them just pick up bows of that color. (Here's LB in action!):
3. Bow Hunt
- Just like an Easter egg hunt---only with BOWS! Hide all the bows in a room, or all around the house and have your child(ren) search for them.
4. Bow Fight
- Place a long jumprope or string or line of pillows in the middle of the floor to section the room into 2 equal halves. Have team A on one side, team B on the other.
- Each team starts with an equal number of bows. Set a timer for 2-3 minutes and say "go!" Everyone picks up the bows and throws them to the other team's side of the room!
- When the timer beeps everyone drops all the bows and counts how many bows are on their team's side. Whichever team has the least amount of bows wins.
- Then play again!