Here is a quick and fun little game you can whip up for your little ones as Valentine's Day is approaching! ♥ It would even make a great game for a Valentine's Day party!
- 1 piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper (Check out our post about an AWESOME deal on scrapbook paper on Amazon!)
- Whole Punch
- 3 pieces of pink construction paper
♥ Prep Work:
1. Fold your 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper in half. Cut out a heart shape:
2. Then, about 1.5" inside that heart, cut another heart shape out:
3. Unfold it and you've got your Heart!
4. (**Set that inside heart aside for another craft we'll do next week!) :)
5. Using a hole punch, punch a hole through the top of the heart (on both sides):
6. Cut 2 long pieces of yarn and tie them each through the holes:
7. Then tape the yarn onto the top of a doorway so that the heart hangs at a good height for your kids to be able to toss into:
8. Next, get 3 pieces of pink construction paper and cut them into 4 squares each.
9. Scrunch each one into a ball (or you can let your kids do it. Kids are master-paper-scrunchers.) :)
10. (**Set 2 of these aside for a craft coming up next week!) Now you have 10 paper balls, ready for tossing!
♥ Time to PLAY!
Playing is easy and fun.
Hand the paper "balls" to your kids and have them take turns tossing them into the heart!
We each took turns and tossed all 10. As we tossed we counted up how many each of us got through the heart. LL(2) had fun just tossing them all over the place. :) LB(4) got pretty good at it and even got 7 out of 10 one time!
♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! ♥
Do you like this idea?