I made these cupcakes when LM turned 6.
He told me he wanted Hot-Wheels cupcakes.
I searched high & low in the party store for Hot-Wheels cupcake toppers and found nothing. :(
So instead, I had an idea to just use stickers!
Worked like a charm and he (and his whole class) loved them!
Here's what you do:
- Find stickers for whatever your child loves.
- Using cardstock, cut out squares, rectangles, or circles in a shape that will fit the stickers.
- Put the stickers on the cardstock pieces.
- Tape each piece of cardstock to a toothpick.
- Stick the toothpick into the top of a frosted cupcake!
There you have it! Easy, inexpensive, cute, and opens up many possibilities for special cupcakes for your little ones!