You can make super easy and fun games (that also help kids LEARN) with nothing more than
paper, scissors, glue & a marker. Here's one the boys (5 & 2) really loved!
First, you'll need to make a set of ABC circles:
- Trace circles on construction paper using a small cup (mine are about 2 1/2" big)
- Cut them out
- Write all the Letters on the circles. (I made a set of Upper-case Letters, and a set of Lower-case Letters.)
Second, you'll need to create a CAR:
- Cut a simple car shape out of construction paper and glue it onto another piece of paper.
- Add whatever other elements to the scene you want: road, sun, cloud, etc.
- With a marker, draw the circles where the tires should be. This is where the kids will place the letter circles!
Third, you PLAY!
- Set out all the letters on the floor or tables.
- Say a letter and have the kids find it in upper-case and lower-case and place them on the car for wheels! (like in the picture up on top) When we played, I had LB(2) look for the upper-case letters and LM(5) look for the lower-case letters.
- You could also say 2 different letters and have them find 2 at a time....
Click the picture below to see more fun ways to use these paper Alphabet circles!