My dear Mother has ottomans like these in her house, and when we moved, this was one of the first things on my list of "must-haves"! Especially with kids!
Here are a few reasons I love them:
1. They just add to any decor, and come in a variety of colors.
2. The lids come off, and you can store things inside!!!! Like blocks, books, balls, trains, cars, trucks, and even little weird toys that don't have a home. They keep things out of sight, and yet very accessible.
3. They aid in the quick-clean moments of life. Like when a friend calls and is on their way over, and you have toys all over the place. Just grab an ottoman, make a clean sweep, plop on the lid and dear friend is none the wiser.
4. When you sit on the couch, you can sit back, kick your feet up, and relax. (Don't forget the bon-bons!)
5. When you have a lot of people over and not enough places for them to sit, you can use them as stools!
6. When they are not too stuffed with toys, your silly little ones might find it amusing, of their own accord, to sit in them and watch cartoons. (as pictured above.)
7. They are just the best.
P.S. I bought these at Target several months ago for $20.00 each! I also saw some at Walmart during that time for the same price, but just brighter colors.....like for back to school - dorm rooms. I think my Mom got hers at Ross or TJ Maxx. Hope that helps! (Good luck, Stacy!)